Thursday, July 3, 2008

Go Cubs!


As I mentioned earlier, I escaped from the hospital on June 27th. Daddy had me dressed up in our favorite team's garb--perhaps as a ruse to fool the evil heel-pricking, temperature-taking nurses from Hell so they could get Mommy and me home.

Daddy took this picture after I heard the news that Nick Swisher took Ryan Dempster deep for a Grand Slam--and a Cubs loss. I was none too pleased. Frankly, I haven't been pleased with the Cubs' offense since my birth. 3-6 since I was born? What is that about.

Daddy says that I need to learn about small sample size distortions. Oh, he also says that I need to temper my expectations since the Cubs have the best record in the National League and are in first place in the Central. I think that is a load of crap. I'm eight days old and even I know the Cubs haven't won the World Series since 1908. ESPN only says it every five frackin' minutes. (Mommy and Daddy let me stay up late to watch Battlestar Galactica last Friday. Yeah!)

Well, maybe when Ramirez, Zambrano and Soriano are back in action, they'll get back to winning lots of games.

No comments: