Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Party Animal

Did you know that I went to three parties before I turned one month old?

The first party was a cook-out at Grammy and PopPop's. Unfortunately, I don't remember anything from that party. I basically slept through the whole thing. Mommy tells me that many of Grammy's friends cooed all over me. I guess my power over the opposite sex extends into the AARP crowd!

The second party was at a friend of Daddy's house. There were a lot of people playing a bunch of different games. Mommy says that Daddy is an avid gamer... but she says it in a way that doesn't make it sound like a good thing. I don't know -- gaming looked like a lot of fun to me.

Here's a picture of Daddy and me learning a new game. I think it had something to do with spies, but I don't know.

Then the following weekend, we drove across the Chesapeake Bay to a party with Mommy's co-workers. It was another extremely hot day. Unfortunately, Mommy wouldn't let me go swimming in the bay.

I saw the weirdest thing. Grown adults banging away to get their dinner. Don't they know that they can get nourishment with just a little bit of sucking? Why would you want to pull apart a sea creature to get food? Mommy says that one day I will enjoy this too. She says that it is part of being a true Marylander.

The one thing I will always remember about this party is everybody asking Mommy when she is coming back to work. I knew my Mommy was cool -- but come on people, give her some time to spoil me. I don't like the idea of Mommy going away for 8 to 10 hours a day without me. They can have their crabs, but don't take away my Mommy!

No comments: